Graphhopper offline bugged?

Started by Holton181, March 23, 2019, 12:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holton181

Hi,

Just updated to Donate 7.4.17GP. Figured I'd try the Graphhopper offline routing. Downloaded my country (Sweden) and pointed to the folder in settings.

But whatever route I try to create I get "Error searching a route". Even if I just try a short one along the same road.

I sett two points, start and stop, and shortest by car or foot.

The online routing works.

orux

Quote from: Holton181 post_id=30691 time=1553339086 user_id=1713
Hi,

Just updated to Donate 7.4.17GP. Figured I'd try the Graphhopper offline routing. Downloaded my country (Sweden) and pointed to the folder in settings.

But whatever route I try to create I get "Error searching a route". Even if I just try a short one along the same road.

Hello!

Your country? I haven't tested all the countries.

When the app itself downloads the files, you don't have to change the folder in graphhopper settings.

Check that the folder in oruxmaps settings points to the folder ended in -sh/

orux

Holton181

Quote from: "orux"
Hi,

Hello!

When the app itself downloads the files, you don't have to change the folder in graphhopper settings.

orux
Sweden. When I had downloaded the map, the path was still blank and I had to selekt it manually. Before selecting the correct folder I got this message that graphhopper wasn't configured. Now it doesn't do that, but gives that error mentioned.

orux

Quote from: Holton181 post_id=30693 time=1553348984 user_id=1713
Hi,

Hello!

orux
Sweden. When I had downloaded the map, the path was still blank and I had to selekt it manually. Before selecting the correct folder I got this message that graphhopper wasn't configured. Now it doesn't do that, but gives that error mentioned.

Sweden files are OK, check that you have a bunch of files inside europe_sweden-gh/ folder.

If not, try to download them again. After download, do not change the path to the folder in the graphhopper settings, go back to the map.

orux

Holton181

The folder had content, but one file was empty, city_nodes.txt.

I removed the entire folder, entered the path dialogue just to let it reset and downloaded it again. The path did update automatically this time, but I still get the error.

I select "search route", select start and stop locations (both directly on roads) and hit the blue check mark. Error.

orux

Quote from: Holton181 post_id=30697 time=1553357516 user_id=1713

I removed the entire folder, entered the path dialogue just to let it reset and downloaded it again. The path did update automatically this time, but I still get the error.

I select "search route", select start and stop locations (both directly on roads) and hit the blue check mark. Error.

Thanks;

I have found that some libraries was not added to the release apk. Because of that, it is not working fine.

A fix soon!

orux

Holton181

Thanks! [emoji106]

Holton181

Thanks;

I have found that some libraries was not added to the release apk. Because of that, it is not working fine.

A fix soon!

orux

Hi again,

Now I tested with Oruxmaps 7.4.20 GP with graphhopper map of Sweden from 2019-02-24 on five different phones:

Xperia ZL C6503 Android 5.1.1

Xperia Z3 D6603 Android 6.0.1

Xperia Z5 Compact E5823 Android 7.1.1

Xperia X F5121 Android 8.0.0

Galaxy A3 2016 SM-A310F Android 7.0

I am sorry to say it only works on the Xperia X, on all the others I get the above error. On the ZL and Z3 the Donation version are installed, while the free on the other ones. Map correctly installed and path pointing to correct location.

Does it have anything to do with Android version, the X being the only one with Android 8?

orux

Quote from: Holton181 post_id=30736 time=1554020798 user_id=1713

Thanks;

A fix soon!

orux

Hi again,

Now I tested with Oruxmaps 7.4.20 GP with graphhopper map of Sweden from 2019-02-24 on five different phones:

Xperia ZL C6503 Android 5.1.1

Xperia Z3 D6603 Android 6.0.1

Xperia Z5 Compact E5823 Android 7.1.1

Xperia X F5121 Android 8.0.0

Galaxy A3 2016 SM-A310F Android 7.0

I am sorry to say it only works on the Xperia X, on all the others I get the above error. On the ZL and Z3 the Donation version are installed, while the free on the other ones. Map correctly installed and path pointing to correct location.

Does it have anything to do with Android version, the X being the only one with Android 8?

Hello;

Maybe I have found a solution.

Please, test the last beta version,

orux

Holton181

Quote from: "orux"Hello;

Maybe I have found a solution.

Please, test the last beta version,

orux

Tested on the Z3, and it seems to work. Thanks!

Josean

Pues a mí en Huawei p8 lite android 6 me funciona, sin embargo en el bq m5 android 7 siempre me da error buscando ruta. En el Huawei el mapa está instalado en la tarjeta sd y funciona de manera correcta, en el bq ni en la memoria interna ni en la externa.

Saludos.

orux

Quote from: Josean post_id=30743 time=1554066564 user_id=1497
Pues a mí en Huawei p8 lite android 6 me funciona, sin embargo en el bq m5 android 7 siempre me da error buscando ruta. En el Huawei el mapa está instalado en la tarjeta sd y funciona de manera correcta, en el bq ni en la memoria interna ni en la externa.

Saludos.

Son unas librerías un poco complicadas, pondré un mensaje más amplio de error, aver qué puede ser.

orux

matt

Hi,

i also tried to download the offline files, using Oruxmaps (7.4.22).

With a small country, e.g. "Monaco", download/extract finishes very quickly, and
  • on the filesystem, within the oruxmap directory i see subdir created and filled  ../graphhopper/europe_monaco-gh/<20 files here>

• That new folder is automatically set  in "Tracks/Routes"->"Graphhopper offline"->"Graphhopper offline routing", after download.

But with europe_germany.ghz i do not see any progress in the download, just an empty "europe_germany-gh" created. Since 2 hours....

Was anyone able to download germany for Graphhopper offline?

Or possibly, whats the URL to download & extract that on a PC?

Matt

Josean

Orux, te he enviado email con el error que se produce al intentar buscar ruta con la última beta.

Saludos.

nurembergueso

@matt:

I succeeded in downloading the German files but are facing the same problems as mentioned in the OT. (Android version 7, LOS 14, OruxMaps 7.4.22)

You have to be patient. The complete download took hours as the upload bandwidth of the server seems to be very small and file size is huge. It was running overnight. Now I have 20 files in "europe_germany-gh" with 4.69 GB.  

@orux:

It would be useful to notify users of the expected data amount and the fact that downloading would take a while. Also a warning that you shouldn't try it without a WiFi connection wouldn't be a fault.

Though I'm now owner of over 4 GB new data it doesn't work. The dropdowns on the route search contain double entries for fastest, shortest, car, bike and foot (?!?) and every attempt searching a route triggers an error.