changing the directory of saved maps and traclogs

Started by melron59, July 19, 2014, 10:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

melron59

how do i change the directory of saved maps and tracklogs to a directory on the external sd card ?

thanks

melron

orux

Quote from: "melron59"how do i change the directory of saved maps and tracklogs to a directory on the external sd card ?

thanks

melron

Hi,

in configuration--maps--maps directory

and configuration--tracks--tracks directory

But if you have a device with android 4.4.2 or above you can't

orux

melron59

thanks, i do have a 4.4.2 version.

any plans on upcoming versions to revive this feature ?

thanks again

;)

Maki

It's an android limitation. Apps can create a folder on SD card and use it, but cannot access folders created by other apps. However if you create and load the folder from a PC it will work (at least it works on my gpad).

Orux,  please, add a "use this folder" button. It took me five minutes to understand how it works.

orux

Quote from: "Maki"It's an android limitation. Apps can create a folder on SD card and use it, but cannot access folders created by other apps. However if you create and load the folder from a PC it will work (at least it works on my gpad).

Orux,  please, add a "use this folder" button. It took me five minutes to understand how it works.

You are right, it is a kitkat limitation.

You can put your maps inside any folder, OruxMaps can read all the folders, but OruxMaps won't be able to create a new map. The same with gpx/kml/kmz files.

BUT OruxMaps can read/write it's own folder inside the sdcard: Android/data/com.orux.oruxmaps/files/ folder. If you select this folder as your maps/tracks folder, OruxMaps will be able to write there.

The beta versions creates that folder, then you can put your maps/tracks in that folder if you use the beta version,

orux