Cannot load offline maps

Started by mariobfelix, August 31, 2014, 09:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariobfelix

I have a set of offline maps taken in a tablet through map creator which i store in a sdcard. Now I tried to put them in another tablet in another sdcard but I cannot load them. If i activate the map index the borders show all in place but the map itself doesn't load. If I copy the map to the internal memory it loads perfectly. I tried to rebuild the database, I tried to copy the database from the internal memory to the sdcard but it just doesn't load. If i use the card from the other tablet it works fine on the other but it doesn't on this one. The tablet where it works is android 2.3 and the one where it doesn't work is 4.4.2.

mariobfelix

Following up on the subject I continued to try different ideias with no sucess, and since I always suspected this was a problem with permissions I tried to format the sdcard do ext4 but kitkat refused to recognize it, I would try fat32 but them it would have problems opening files bigger than 2gb, while using kitkat default format xfat i could not mount the sdcard in my linux machine, only access using the tablet itself and this way I was able to copy files everywhere but could not change permissions.

In the end I tried the latest beta which creates a folder in android/data on the sdcard believing that the permissions problem would be overcome and it was a (almost) complete sucess. After copying the map files to that folder I could open them with no problems except one of them, not sure why. Since I have something like 300 different maps totaling about 36Gb and all the others are loading fine, I believe that this map may have become corrupted with all the messing around.

orux

Quote from: "mariobfelix"Following up on the subject I continued to try different ideias with no sucess, and since I always suspected this was a problem with permissions I tried to format the sdcard do ext4 but kitkat refused to recognize it, I would try fat32 but them it would have problems opening files bigger than 2gb, while using kitkat default format xfat i could not mount the sdcard in my linux machine, only access using the tablet itself and this way I was able to copy files everywhere but could not change permissions.

In the end I tried the latest beta which creates a folder in android/data on the sdcard believing that the permissions problem would be overcome and it was a (almost) complete sucess. After copying the map files to that folder I could open them with no problems except one of them, not sure why. Since I have something like 300 different maps totaling about 36Gb and all the others are loading fine, I believe that this map may have become corrupted with all the messing around.

Hi,

using android 4.4, OruxMaps can not access the sdcard for writing (create new maps) but OM can access for reading the maps. I have an android 4.4 with all my maps in the external sdcard.

if you move the maps to Android/data/com.orux.oruxmaps/ folder, OruxMaps should be able to also create new maps.

but your initial problem it is really strange.

orux