Make WPs sticky

Started by mumrik, March 23, 2015, 07:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumrik

Hi!  :)

The feature that lets you move a WP by long-pressing it is very nice, but I would like to (temporarily) disable it. I load WPs for a GPS game in Orux and it happens ever so often that I move a WP by accident. I hold my finger on it a little too long and it jumps away. As far as I have found there's no way to get it back to where it was.

Is it possible to turn this behaviour off  and only turn it on when needed?

mumrik

No one?  :(

chobkwon

Quote from: "mumrik"No one?  :(

It is impossible to turn this behavior off

goosiebn

I don't know much about what you're trying to do, but I do know this much. When I load a track I can add waypoints to it. I can also modify waypoints so they are linked to different tracks. When I load the track as a route, the waypoints are also loaded and they are now fixed and can't be modified. You can also then turn on things like route and waypoint follow to give feedback on your proximity to these waypoints-loaded-as-a-route.

mumrik

Hi! I thought you gave me the solution, but alas not. The WPs still move. If I load them as a track or a route doesn't matter. Maybe it's different if there really is a track? My GPX file only contains WPs which correspond to the check points in the game I play. It doesn't matter if I load them as a track or as a route, they still jump around.

I have a problem with this because in other apps I use long-pressing brings up an info box. You know how it is, it's hard to keep track of similar features of different programs. Normally that just makes you loose a fraction of a second of your time, but in this case it's fatal.

goosiebn

Now I'm confused- it's doing it for me too, but I'm sure that's not how it used to be :( I don't want waypoints to be movable when loaded as a route.