Feature Request: Option to choose Tracks/Routes directly from the map and not from "Manage Tracks/Routes" as list

Started by walterpnt, October 17, 2019, 09:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterpnt

Hi Orux.

I'm using OruxMaps heavily in my car to navigate off-road trips. (*best navigation app IMO*)

I have 60+ recorded/imported tracks/routes in my DB to choose as a trip.

I wanted to visualize all my tracks/routes from my DB on my offline map, so i can have better understanding where the trip is located geographically before i choose it. for that, I wrote a script that ran on all my Tracks/Routes and builds a list of "Starting Points" from each trip's first wpt into a GPX file. I then manually import the file to the app and filter based on "Starting point". this allows me to present all my tracks/routes geographic location (and add some info in the description).

I can manage with it, but It is very tedious way to work. also, when i want a certain track - i have to go to "Manage Track/Routes" and search it in the DB and then load it.

I wish you could add a feature that will display all tracks/routes from the DB as pins (starting points) on the map (as overlay for example) so tracks/route can have a visual geographic location of a track/route, and clicking a pin will provide an option to see track details or load it to the map.

I hope you and many other users will find this idea good or useful. I really wish to see this feature in OruxMaps...

BTW, if you won't find this idea useful, could you at least add an option to access a local folder from a description (just like you added HTTP links in a description)?

Many Thanks! :)

-W.