Waypoint share/export , map orientation - oriented by compass

Started by kolesar, November 07, 2019, 07:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kolesar

hi,

two questions:

1) I can't find waypoint (also saved) export/share function as same as function location share. if this is not an option a feature that is very lacking in this application IMHO.

2) when map oriented by compass is enabled, cursor (arrow) with TMG line is fixed (and rotating) with map. I think  it should stay in up position so it shows in direction where one looks at and only map is rotating - roughly like google maps in walking more. much more useful.

thnx for any reply

orux

Quote from: kolesar post_id=39311 time=1573151859 user_id=295
hi,

two questions:

1) I can't find waypoint (also saved) export/share function as same as function location share. if this is not an option a feature that is very lacking in this application IMHO.

2) when map oriented by compass is enabled, cursor (arrow) with TMG line is fixed (and rotating) with map. I think  it should stay in up position so it shows in direction where one looks at and only map is rotating - roughly like google maps in walking more. much more useful.

thnx for any reply

Hello!

1.-You can find wpt share function in beta versions, in this forum.

2.-TMG and arrow show your direction based on your movement, indicated by the GPS direction value.

orux

kkolesar

1) great!

2) yes, with GPS direction works fine when one is in movement. This is not useful anymore when one is (for example) on the top of the peak and movement is not possible any more. If you want to observe or find peak or any location in any direction compass is better option but, like I said TMG line is fixed and rotated with map. This is just my opinion but same function as GPS movement with compass would be more useful.

3) LITE version of Oruxmaps. Great decision, since app is really very complex (I wrote once about that and suggested to add on/off for functions in menu, which you accepted and implemented into app). 

I believe this is very challenging, but it seems to me that it would be much better if the LITE version was performed in a similar way - by displaying or switching on / off of any function - not just a group of functions, but individually. The Lite version would by default have certain features turned off, but each would then be able to turn on / off a function that is more or less important to him. It could thus store different sets of actions tailored to the individual in the submenu. In this way, the LITE version would actually be the same as the full version and the programming of the two versions would be wasted, which is undoubtedly much easier to maintain. At least I think so. :)

thnx for great job and happy new year!