Is there a maximum for waypoints in orux-maps?

Started by bikefrog, August 12, 2015, 10:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikefrog

Hy folks!

May question: is there a maximum for waypoints, that OruxMaps can handle?

I have a pretty big route with 16.800 waypoints. On may PC, using RouteConverter, the route shows up perfect. In OruxMaps the route shows up, but somehow corrupted. It seems, that OruxMaps surpressed a lot of waypoints. The route is no more suitable for exact navigation. Is it possible, that OruxMaps has an upper limit for waypoints and simply cut waypoints, if a route has to many of them? And if it is this way: what is the upper limit for waypoints in a specific route?

George

skibum218

If you are using the latest beta version you can choose the maximum number of points.

Global Settings > User Interface > Tracks > Max. Points per Track

I think the maximum is 100,000.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bikefrog

I am using OruxMaps v.6.0.10. Couldn't find a menue-point to adjust the waypoint-limit. Dont want to play with beta.

I tried to cut waypoints from the gpx-file and thisway experimentally created continuous several smaller files. Eventually OruxMaps started to display a correct route, when number of waypoints decreased. I couldn't find an exact number of waypoints or size of file, from what on OruxMaps shows the route correctly, but I assume problems disappeared reliable, when number of waypoints resp. file size was about one third from the original size, what would be about 6000 waypoints or 700 kb file-size. This is on Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.1.2.

The problem for me is not, that OruxMaps has a limit for the number of waypoints. I assume, this is inevitable. The problem is, that OruxMaps loads the gpx-file and displays it on screen without warning You, that waypoints have been deleted and that therefore the route shown on screen in parts is corrupted. Maybe such a warning could be implemented in this otherwise super-program.

George