Which files are needed for full backup off the device?

Started by jmnorvell, November 30, 2019, 03:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmnorvell

Which files would I need to copy off the Android device if I want to fully backup 1) tracks, 2) waypoints, and 3) settings?

Thanks for any assistance.

John

orux

Quote from: jmnorvell on November 30, 2019, 03:21:47 PM
Which files would I need to copy off the Android device if I want to fully backup 1) tracks, 2) waypoints, and 3) settings?

Thanks for any assistance.

John
If you use the app default folders, all the app information can be found in oruxmaps/ folder.
tracks & waypoints are inside oruxmaps/tracklogs/settings (if you have created different profiles) inside oruxmaps/preferences/ folder.

orux

jmnorvell

Thanks for the reply. Two followups... 1) So, the waypoints, even stand-alone ones are in the oruxmapstracks.db? and 2) I have two preferences files, one which says "...oruxmapsDonate...". They were last updated at the same time. Do I need them both?

orux

Quote from: jmnorvell on December 09, 2019, 08:21:09 PM
Thanks for the reply. Two followups... 1) So, the waypoints, even stand-alone ones are in the oruxmapstracks.db? and 2) I have two preferences files, one which says "...oruxmapsDonate...". They were last updated at the same time. Do I need them both?
All tracks and wpts are inside that database.
...oruxmapsDonate... is the dafault profile. That profile can be restore, but not in some devices, depending on the manufacturer and Android version. It is recomended to use named profiles. Those always can be saved/restored.

orux