Map Datum NZGD2000 (New Zealand) Grid Coordinates

Started by ianL, September 28, 2015, 10:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianL

I have OruxMaps version 6.0.10 and hope to see NZGD2000 East/North grid coordinates (metres) on my New Zealand maps e.g. from OpenAndroMaps

When I first selected Tracks> Map Datum>NZGD2000 I got Lat S/Lon E decimal degrees in the bottom dashboard

I then selected Global Settings>Units>Coordinates>grid(meters) and I got Long/Lat in degree values rounded to nearest whole number value  e.g. 175/-41

Is there any further setting I can make to get the proper NZGD2000 grid coordinates

Thanks for any help you can give

ianL

Perhaps someone from Orux (or anyone else?) could tell me please if there is a setting I can make to display the NZ grid coordinates or if there is some other way this can be done  

Thanks

vkondra

I see the same, OruxMaps v6.5.0

I set "grid (meters)" format for coordinates, and enable "coordinates" in dashboard

I suspect "grid" format for coordinates is broken for some long time. I tried several datums for the map, including WGS 1984, no one works as expected - same whole numbers for lat/lon displayed.

Please, check this grid format. It is very helpful when using paper topo map together with OruxMaps!

ianL

Hello Vkondra

In the absence of OruxMaps being able to provide a solution to our query I now use a good alternative to OM that has similar functionality but also provides NZGD2000 grid (meter) coords if you want these displayed  It has other added advantages including the ability to display Topo50 map tiles as overlays   If you have not found a satisfactory solution and are interested send a Private Message and I'll be happy to give you details