Bug when sliding two adjacent tiles of the map

Started by adilor78, July 07, 2020, 06:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adilor78

Hello Orux...
I have used IGN maps of France at 1:25000  in .rmap format (many tiles) for a very long time, and the vector map of France in .map format,  so far without any problems (i have only these off-line maps in the map directory).
But with 7.5.9 beta 43, and now whith 8.0.3 GP, i discovered a problem that arises when i want to drag the current tile which is displayed (in an IGN map), to pass on the adjacent tile (in fact when the center of the map, pass in the adjacent map)
If the sliding is done very quickly, there is no problem, but if i slide more slowly, when passing to the adjacent tile, the current tile freezes becoming blurred, and i manage to slide but very difficulty to the adjacent tile, also blurred and which must be cropped whith zoom action.
Some times, according the direction of the sliding, the adjacent tile does not appear but the map changes  to vectorial (the only second map present in the map directory), even though the adjacent tile exists, since it can be displayed if i slide very quickly.
This fact is very annoying when i want to look a route wich  stradddles two adjacent maps

In this case, i must use version 7.4.22 again, which does not pose any problem in the same manipulation.

Best regards.

orux

Quote from: adilor78 on July 07, 2020, 06:11:52 PM
Hello Orux...
I have used IGN maps of France at 1:25000  in .rmap format (many tiles) for a very long time, and the vector map of France in .map format,  so far without any problems (i have only these off-line maps in the map directory).
But with 7.5.9 beta 43, and now whith 8.0.3 GP, i discovered a problem that arises when i want to drag the current tile which is displayed (in an IGN map), to pass on the adjacent tile (in fact when the center of the map, pass in the adjacent map)
If the sliding is done very quickly, there is no problem, but if i slide more slowly, when passing to the adjacent tile, the current tile freezes becoming blurred, and i manage to slide but very difficulty to the adjacent tile, also blurred and which must be cropped whith zoom action.
Some times, according the direction of the sliding, the adjacent tile does not appear but the map changes  to vectorial (the only second map present in the map directory), even though the adjacent tile exists, since it can be displayed if i slide very quickly.
This fact is very annoying when i want to look a route wich  stradddles two adjacent maps

In this case, i must use version 7.4.22 again, which does not pose any problem in the same manipulation.

Best regards.
Hello!

Thank you; I have finally found the problem. The current version uses a different strategy, when you leave a map, but the upper layers contain the current position. In this case load the top layer, keeping the current map.

In some maps the upper layers contain more points, simply for rounding reasons.

So it only happens when you scroll very slowly.

Possibly I will add an adjustment that allows you to choose the strategy to follow when leaving the map, and you can use the old or the new one.
orux

adilor78

Hello Orux,

Thank you very much, it would indeed be very useful, not to say essential, to be able to work with the old strategy when using multi-tile maps such as IGN France maps, and I practically only use this type of maps for my hikes.
Because I would really like to be able to use the latest version of Oruxmaps which has some very interesting improvements,
And without this option it is impossible to examine in detail a road wich  straddles two adjacent tiles!

Regards... :)

orux

Quote from: adilor78 on August 02, 2020, 03:09:01 PM
Hello Orux,

Thank you very much, it would indeed be very useful, not to say essential, to be able to work with the old strategy when using multi-tile maps such as IGN France maps, and I practically only use this type of maps for my hikes.
Because I would really like to be able to use the latest version of Oruxmaps which has some very interesting improvements,
And without this option it is impossible to examine in detail a road wich  straddles two adjacent tiles!

Regards... :)
You can find that option in the last beta version.
Maps settings-->Keep map if possible (disable it).

orux

adilor78

Thank you very much,now it works fine by disabling this option.

:)