How to refresh a few tiles?

Started by haylingchrist, May 09, 2016, 02:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haylingchrist

While comparing my device with a friends I noticed their map contained much more detail than mine. We were both viewing online OpenTopoMap at level 15. He had just downloaded the tiles on his device. My tiles were probably downloaded 18 months ago. I tried 'map->refresh tiles' but it apparently has no effect.

Is there a way to cause just a few tile to be updated? My tile cache is about 1Gb so I don't want to delete everything and start again.

I'm on Oruxmaps v.6.5.0. He is on v6.5.6

orux

Quote from: "haylingchrist"While comparing my device with a friends I noticed their map contained much more detail than mine. We were both viewing online OpenTopoMap at level 15. He had just downloaded the tiles on his device. My tiles were probably downloaded 18 months ago. I tried 'map->refresh tiles' but it apparently has no effect.

Is there a way to cause just a few tile to be updated? My tile cache is about 1Gb so I don't want to delete everything and start again.

I'm on Oruxmaps v.6.5.0. He is on v6.5.6

Hello;

You can delete all the tiles of one map, but it is not possible to delete only some tiles.

May be I add this option in next versions.

orux

haylingchrist

Thanks for the reply. Not quite what I'd hoped, but Orux is great anyway!