Loaded GPX Tracks - Don't Display Initially Or Disappear

Started by Steve_Sr, July 26, 2016, 11:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_Sr

Hello,

This has happened quite a few times during the past month of daily usage of Orux on a recent bike tour. It has happened with booth a waypoint (POI only) file as well as a turn-by-turn track file.

Loading or reloading the files displays nothing. BTW, How do I get Orux to show me what files are supposedly loaded? This way I could tell if they were loaded and just not displaying or not loading at all.

I don't know if this is a clue but I did seem to notice the issue the morning after I had put the phone into airplane mode to save battery life.

To get the track to display... Force close and reopen seemed to do nothing. Normal close (back arrow) and reopen brought the track back on at least one occasion.

Once Orux decided not to display the track reloading the file didn't seem to help.

This functionality needs to be clarified in the manual:

Apparently you can load only ONE track file AND ONE waypoint GPX file simultaneously.

I was using Adventure Cycling's GPX route file and the associated waypoint services file. If you need the files I can send them to you.

Thanks,

Steve

orux

Quote from: "Steve_Sr"Hello,

This has happened quite a few times during the past month of daily usage of Orux on a recent bike tour. It has happened with booth a waypoint (POI only) file as well as a turn-by-turn track file.

Loading or reloading the files displays nothing. BTW, How do I get Orux to show me what files are supposedly loaded? This way I could tell if they were loaded and just not displaying or not loading at all.

I don't know if this is a clue but I did seem to notice the issue the morning after I had put the phone into airplane mode to save battery life.

To get the track to display... Force close and reopen seemed to do nothing. Normal close (back arrow) and reopen brought the track back on at least one occasion.

Once Orux decided not to display the track reloading the file didn't seem to help.

Apparently you can load only ONE track file AND ONE waypoint GPX file simultaneously.

I was using Adventure Cycling's GPX route file and the associated waypoint services file. If you need the files I can send them to you.

Thanks,

Steve

Hello,

strange bug;

I can not reproduce it,

Have you tried a reinstallation?

You can load more than one gpx file to the mapviewer, but only one  will be the active route.

orux

Steve_Sr

Quote from: "orux"

Thanks,

Steve

Hello,

strange bug;

I can not reproduce it,

Well... I couldn't reliably either other than it happened on multiple occasions.

Not yet... I am not convinced this isn't pilot error.

You can load more than one gpx file to the mapviewer, but only one  will be the active route.

Same question AGAIN... I currently have a single route GPX file loaded and it displays on the MAP but when I go to manage tracks it shows NO TRACKS LOADED. So how do I display LOADED and ACTIVE GPX files? This would help a great deal in troubleshooting this and similar issues.

Thanks,

Steve

orux

orux

Quote from: "Steve_Sr"
Quote from: "orux"

Thanks,

Steve

Hello,

strange bug;

I can not reproduce it,

Well... I couldn't reliably either other than it happened on multiple occasions.

Not yet... I am not convinced this isn't pilot error.

Same question AGAIN... I currently have a single route GPX file loaded and it displays on the MAP but when I go to manage tracks it shows NO TRACKS LOADED. So how do I display LOADED and ACTIVE GPX files? This would help a great deal in troubleshooting this and similar issues.

Thanks,

Steve

orux

Hello,

When you load a GPX/KML to the map viewer, you don't add it to oruxmaps managed tracks/routes. Because of that you don't see it in 'managed tracks'.

In that list you see the tracks recorded using oruxmaps, or imported to oruxmaps--> Track list, 'import GPX/KML'

orux