Downloading tiles only along the track for offline use

Started by brosky, May 04, 2021, 10:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brosky

Hi,

I don't know if this was requested before  - I use paid Orux as main navigation in offroad competitions where only offline (Google Hybrid) maps are available and fast position update and accuracy make a difference.

Tracks are usually large loops (over 100km) and downloading the offline map to cover the loop results in gigabytes of tiles.

Is it possible to have a option that for a specific track/route to download ONLY the tiles that cover that track at all zoom levels, also the adjacent tiles (one tile extra in left and right side of the track)

Thank you,
Dan.

Barbances

Quote from: brosky on May 04, 2021, 10:23:43 AM
Hi,

I don't know if this was requested before  - I use paid Orux as main navigation in offroad competitions where only offline (Google Hybrid) maps are available and fast position update and accuracy make a difference.

Tracks are usually large loops (over 100km) and downloading the offline map to cover the loop results in gigabytes of tiles.

Is it possible to have a option that for a specific track/route to download ONLY the tiles that cover that track at all zoom levels, also the adjacent tiles (one tile extra in left and right side of the track)

Thank you,
Dan.
Hola, puedes conseguir mapas offline

Barbances

Quote from: brosky on May 04, 2021, 10:23:43 AM
Hi,

Thank you,
Dan.
Un mapa offline como OpenAndromaps.

brosky

Hi, and thank you for your reply.

I'm already using offline google maps but the download is limited for 1G , why ?

japetus

You can use mobac to create an offline map for oruxmaps, it supports the feature of uploading a track and downloading only the tiles that are on a specified distance from the track.