Options for automatic GPS features

Started by ben.lvq, October 21, 2016, 11:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben.lvq

I would love for on option where GPS is on when application launches so I don't have to click to enable it. It will be very convenient. The same can be asked for automatic tracking. I guess these two things are very simple to implement and I am looking foward to a new version with it !

Also I don't like that when I click on tracking it always ask me if I want to continue the curent track or make a new track. Please put also an option so it is not asking if we always want a new track.

Finally (this is a bit more complex I guess). I often enable data before launching orux, so I have a quicker GPS fix using so called a-gps (or assisted-GPS) and then I have to close data. I would love an option so that on launch, the app activate data and when assisted-gps has download what it need it close data.

With all these option I can launch Orux map and follow my position on a topo map with only one click. This will be a major improvement for example for outdoor activities: when you are in the snow, under a paraglide or on a mountainbike, moreover with gloves you really like this kind of simplification/automatic behavior.

One last thing, it would be great also to have an option where the sides buttons/bar are hidden on launch (I have to wait 10s for that). Then on launch I have the map fullscreen (with nothing to hide it) and the position as quick as possible.

ben.lvq

I should mention that for Assisted Gps there is an application called "GPS status" that allows to play with a-gps download feature. It just would be great to have all this directly in orux.

ben.lvq

Please an option for GPS ON when the app is launched ... really important for me.

z3us

I suggest you to have the gps enabled every time. It wouldn't drain more battery, it only allows apps to use it.

Another option for you would be automate it with tasker

Enviado desde mi SM-N9005 mediante Tapatalk

ben.lvq

Maybe I wasn't clear ? My GPS android options is always ON. What I would like is an option in Oruxmap so when it is launched it starts to look for the current position. Currently I have to push the button like this in Oruxmap :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30250108/cible.gif">

Or maybe there is already such an option that I didn't find ?