Can't upload to oruxmaps server

Started by maxsart, March 07, 2022, 05:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxsart

Hello, i have the donate version installed (v. 8.5.5 GP) and i'm registered on server. When i recorder a track i dont'see the track uploaded under my profile...
Track are stored only locally in my phone and In my track list I can't find the option to upload tracks to oruxmaps.
What i can do to upload the tracks? Thanks

Tronpo

Quote from: maxsart on March 07, 2022, 05:11:44 PM
Hello, i have the donate version installed (v. 8.5.5 GP) and i'm registered on server. When i recorder a track i dont'see the track uploaded under my profile...
Track are stored only locally in my phone and In my track list I can't find the option to upload tracks to oruxmaps.
What i can do to upload the tracks? Thanks

Desde hace mucho tiempo no se pueden subir los Track al servidor,el servidor queda limitado a otras funciones, descargar track anteriores o de otros usuarios,multitraking ,integraciones etc

Ebar

Do I understand correctly (via google translate) that uploading tracks to the ORUX server is no longer supported ?  I just got the Donate version exactly for that purpose (to synchronize tracks between 2 devices I use)
The latest Orux manual (v 9.0) still lists the possibilty to upload to ORUXMAP servers (page 55) of

"One of the options we have (only in the Donate version, it is impossible to offer this service to
everyone, because the servers cost a kidney) is to upload our routes to the OruxMaps server. For this,
it is a prerequisite to be registered ('Settings' - 'Manage my account')."

So is it still possible to up- and down load tracks via Orux server ?

orux

Quote from: Ebar on May 30, 2022, 06:04:27 PM
Do I understand correctly (via google translate) that uploading tracks to the ORUX server is no longer supported ?  I just got the Donate version exactly for that purpose (to synchronize tracks between 2 devices I use)
The latest Orux manual (v 9.0) still lists the possibilty to upload to ORUXMAP servers (page 55) of

"One of the options we have (only in the Donate version, it is impossible to offer this service to
everyone, because the servers cost a kidney) is to upload our routes to the OruxMaps server. For this,

Hello!

It hasn't been possible for a long time. You can access to download the uploaded tracks, but not upload new ones.

You have many options to upload routes and share them, in settings-->integration. These sites offer a web interface and many other possibilities that I could not offer.

You can also make backups with the integration with Drive.

Modified the manual where the error appeared.

orux

Tronpo

Quote from: Ebar on May 30, 2022, 06:04:27 PM

Es una lástima, pero puedes usar otros soportes gratuitos como servidor para tus rutas como por ejemplo , Drive, telegram , WhatsApp....puedes compartir directamente desde el gestor de tracks o usar las integraciones que comenta Orux!!,
Con todo lo que ofrece la versión GP no echarás de menos el servidor,te lo aseguro.

Ebar

Ok, understood.
What is then the best way to keep two devices synchronized, if possible automatically ? I use oruxmaps on two phones alternating, and would like that tracks and routes I made with one phone also appear in the other..
Thanks

Tronpo

Quote from: Ebar on June 09, 2022, 11:49:04 AM
Ok, understood.
What is then the best way to keep two devices synchronized, if possible automatically ? I use oruxmaps on two phones alternating, and would like that tracks and routes I made with one phone also appear in the other..
Thanks

Pues yo diría que usando la copia de seguridad en Drive,usa la misma cuenta de Drive en ambos dispositivos,cada vez que quieras subes la copia desde Oruxmaps"puedes ajustar el tiempo automáticamente" y en el segundo dispositivo utiliza "restaurar copia de seguridad" de esta forma tendrás la misma base de datos y tracklogs en ambos teléfonos.

Configuración global / integración.

Están los ajustes para la copia de seguridad en Drive.