Android 11: where is OruxMapsCacheImages.db stored now?

Started by gerdsuper, April 22, 2022, 11:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerdsuper

Hi everybody,

for several years i was used to delete the OruxMapsCacheImages.db manualy from time to time.
this was a quick method to maintain orux speed and to save space on my device.
This file was located in: oruxmaps/mapfiles
Its not longer there. Does anybody know where i can find it and if there is still the possibility to just delete it?

best regards,
Henning

Haldo

I think there's a function in the menu that does the same

menu - maps- reset cache online and reset cache raster

Tronpo

Quote from: gerdsuper on April 22, 2022, 11:16:43 AM
Hi everybody,

for several years i was used to delete the OruxMapsCacheImages.db manualy from time to time.
this was a quick method to maintain orux speed and to save space on my device.
This file was located in: oruxmaps/mapfiles
Its not longer there. Does anybody know where i can find it and if there is still the possibility to just delete it?

best regards,
Henning

Te refieres a esta?(captura)
Sigue en el mismo lugar. Cómo dice el compañero puedes reiniciar la caché en configuración de mapas

gerdsuper

Hello Haldo & Tronpo,

thank you for your reply.

In my opinion `menu - maps- reset cache` is not the same.
Because after i tried this two things i didn't recognize any increase of free space on my phone.
And also there is a pop up window when i start orux, which says that orux has to compress the image cache.
This window also appeared after i reset the cache.
After that i let orux compress the image cache to see what happens then. And after Orux finished there was 1,5GB space more on my phone.
So in my opinion it is not the same.
The advantage og doing it manually is that it costs no time, because i am just deleting the complete file. After that Orux does a new, but empty file.
If i let do Orux the compression, sometimes it will last a long time, depending of the size of the file.

@Tronpo:
no, not exactly. There where alway this two files, the:
OruxMapsCacheImages.db  (which will increase in size with time)
and the
OruxMapsCacheImages.db-journal (maybe the index of the database?)
And the .db is the one i want to know where it is now. A few month ago it was just next to the .db-journal, in the same folder...

THX and best regards,

Henning

orux

Hello!

Since several versions, this file has been hidden from users, in the cache folder managed by Android. In this way, if you delete the app cache from Android settings, that file will be deleted. Or if the device is low on memory, Android may decide to wipe it as well.

orux