turning instructions from brouter for existing gpx tracks

Started by olwaldi, May 09, 2022, 12:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olwaldi

Often one can download gpx tracks for some nice hiking tours. I'd like to use oruxmaps to follow such gpx tracks. That is working fine, but such gpx tracks do not include turning points. Brouter of course can create tracks including turning points.

Is it possible from within oruxmaps to augment a gpx track with turning points from brouter standalone?

I know one solution - use brouter-web on the internet and export oruxmap-ready routes. But I'd like a standalone solution without internet use. And from technical perspective brouter + oruxmap should be able to solve that problem.

Regards, Michael

Tronpo

Quote from: olwaldi on May 09, 2022, 12:07:01 PM
Often one can download gpx tracks for some nice hiking tours. I'd like to use oruxmaps to follow such gpx tracks. That is working fine, but such gpx tracks do not include turning points. Brouter of course can create tracks including turning points.

Is it possible from within oruxmaps to augment a gpx track with turning points from brouter standalone?

I know one solution - use brouter-web on the internet and export oruxmap-ready routes. But I'd like a standalone solution without internet use. And from technical perspective brouter + oruxmap should be able to solve that problem.

Regards, Michael

Estas de suerte recientemente (Oruxmaps Gp 9.0 /betas RC3)se ha incluido está opción en las propiedades del track encontrarás un botón para ello.
Aquí te cuento cómo:

https://tronpoonpo.blogspot.com/2022/04/coincidencias-en-brouter.html

Lenz

Hello Michael,
it is possible:

preconditions:
- install brouter app
- download the routing data with the brouter app

then:
- import your gpx-track into the Oruxmaps database: Manage Tracks/Routes - Import new Tracks (symbol with + in the button bar at the bottom) - import your track
- tap your imported track - Properties - MATCH IN BROUTER - chose your routing profile - compare and save new track with turning instructions

Regards Lenz

[EDIT]
Tronpo was two minutes faster! And he added an important information: this function is included in Oruxmaps Gp 9.0 /betas RC3.

matt

cool, thanks @Tronpo and @Lenz for mentioning this new feature from v9.
Have not seen that in the changelog of v9.
Nice "Track Comparator" window, btw.

Matt

Tronpo

Quote from: Lenz on May 09, 2022, 12:58:13 PM

[EDIT]
Tronpo was two minutes faster! And he added an important information: this function is included in Oruxmaps Gp 9.0 /betas RC3.

Lo importante es ayudarnos 💪🏼 muy descriptiva tu respuesta

olwaldi

Great!! Thanks a lot for this hint.

Regards, Michael