Sunrise/sunset times display as blank

Started by dm413-om, November 20, 2022, 05:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dm413-om

In the trip computer, the sunrise and sunset times generally display as two dashes. If I leave the trip computer open for a long time (about 10 minutes) they will display the times, but if I exit the trip computer and then open it again, it's back to two dashes.

Is this the expected behavior? Is there any way to get it to display more rapidly? Thanks,

OruxMaps v 9.6.2 GP

orux

Quote from: dm413-om on November 20, 2022, 05:48:30 PM
In the trip computer, the sunrise and sunset times generally display as two dashes. If I leave the trip computer open for a long time (about 10 minutes) they will display the times, but if I exit the trip computer and then open it again, it's back to two dashes.

Is this the expected behavior? Is there any way to get it to display more rapidly? Thanks,

OruxMaps v 9.6.2 GP

That fields require a correct GPS position to be received.
Are you receiving right positions from the GPS?

orux

dm413-om

QuoteAre you receiving right positions from the GPS?

Hmm, yes, but it's strange. If I look at the satellite page in the trip computer, the lat/lon changes as I walk around. But if I look at the dual column page in the trip computer, the lat/lon does not change. When I exit the trip computer and then re-open it, the lat/lon changes to my new position, but it does not change while I keep the trip computer open. Even if I switch from the 2 column page to the satellite page and back to the 2 column page the lat/long on the 2 column page does not change.

However, both the gps altitude and the barometric altitude (I'm using a tempo disc sensor) change (on the 2 column page) as I move around with the trip computer open, so it is updating those fields while it does not update the lat/lon or the sunrise/sunset.

While I was testing this, about 20 minutes, sunrise and sunset were never displayed.

As a further test, I added the lat/lon coordinates to the dashboard. These also do not seem to update promptly. As I move around I can see my movement in the track on the map viewer, but the lat/long on the dashboard does not change.

I then added sunrise/sunset to the dashboard. This immediately displays the correct times. In addition, now when I open the trip computer, the sunrise/sunset times display there as well.

Strange.

If it's relevant, I have GPS min time set to 2 seconds, min distance set to 5 meters, and accuracy for fix set to 100 meters. The trip computer shows the GPS accuracy as 12 or 16 feet (4 to 5 meters).