Paid version with microG?

Started by Nadya, July 06, 2023, 08:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadya

I switched to CalyxOS some time ago, because I wanted to get a Google-free Android smartphone. Most stuff just works the same, but some paid apps don't.
Whenever I start the paid Oruxmaps version, it complains that it cannot verify that it's paid and that I should install the Play Store version. Well... I did, it's just that this part of the Google Play Services API hasn't been properly implemented yet. Is there an Oruxmaps version where I can pay to get a key and make it paid, or am I now stuck with the outdated free version?

orux

Quote from: Nadya on July 06, 2023, 08:36:36 AM
I switched to CalyxOS some time ago, because I wanted to get a Google-free Android smartphone. Most stuff just works the same, but some paid apps don't.
Whenever I start the paid Oruxmaps version, it complains that it cannot verify that it's paid and that I should install the Play Store version. Well... I did, it's just that this part of the Google Play Services API hasn't been properly implemented yet. Is there an Oruxmaps version where I can pay to get a key and make it paid, or am I now stuck with the outdated free version?
Sorry, but it's very cold outside the official Google/Amazon/Huawei stores ;)

It is not easy for small developers to have their own sales platform.

Outside the stores there is no other option.

On the forum I periodically post beta versions, in apk format, but they have a limited life.

orux