Error 'sorry, old server is no longer available' when trying to login to Sicami

Started by twoten, July 11, 2023, 04:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twoten

I have just installed Oruxmaps on a Galaxy Tab 6. I originally logged in by creating a new Sicami account.
I then discovered I already had an account linked to Oruxmaps on my Android phone which was already created from an existing Oruxmaps account.
I have since deleted the new account and am trying to login with my original account but when I select 'Login Oruxmaps/SICAMI' and then get the Privacy Policy, I select Accept which takes me to 'Register/Login/Privacy Policy' screen then when I click 'Login' the screen changes to briefly to another screen before giving the error 'sorry, old server is no longer available'.
I assume the app still has my original login details saved so it's preventing me from entering new details.
Is there a way I can update the email and password in the app?

twoten

Just to add to this thread, I completely remove Oruxmaps from the tablet and deleted any folders related to the app.
I then went to log in to Sicami. This time it asked for me to enter an email address. This gave the options for my Gmail accounts or add an account.
As this is not a Gmail account I'm using I select pop3, I enter my email address and next, I then get the message Duplicate account. does this mean I can only have one device to a Sicami account?

le.Snake

Hello,

I have the same issue with orux maps GP 10.1.6 on a smartphone.
After that, I have installed the sicami application on which I can log in.
I read in another post to use the same login/password for both app, which I did.

Where can I check/change the server used ?
I've been crawling in the settings, but found nothing. I got lost for sure...

Tronpo

Quote from: le.Snake on July 12, 2023, 11:40:55 PM
Hello,

I have the same issue with orux maps GP 10.1.6 on a smartphone.
After that, I have installed the sicami application on which I can log in.
I read in another post to use the same login/password for both app, which I did.

Where can I check/change the server used ?
I've been crawling in the settings, but found nothing. I got lost for sure...

Hi, look at settings/integration/oruxmapsicami.
Another option you can see is in configuration / configured, you advance in the wizard until you reach the server section.

🅃🅁🄾🄽🄿🄾

sica_2022

Hi, thanks Tronpo for replying, I'll leave here the link to the Sicami support telegram group
https://t.me/+udBi-UvJYlM4ZTg0
so we can answer you more quickly, we can't really look at the Oruxmaps forum every day. There is also another Telegram group with support for Sicami that I think Tronpo can point you to if he sees fit.

The solution given by Tronpo is correct, in case it doesn't work, please let us know again.

twoten

Quote from: Tronpo on July 13, 2023, 09:28:12 AM
Hi, look at settings/integration/oruxmapsicami.
Another option you can see is in configuration / configured, you advance in the wizard until you reach the server section.
🅃🅁🄾🄽🄿🄾
If I go to settings/integration/oruxmapsicami then email (on my tablet), it gives me the option of both my Gmail accounts and add another. I select add account then pop3 and enter my email address and I get the error 'Duplicate account, you're already using this username for the account 'xxxx@blueyonder.co.uk''.
Is this because I'm already using this account with my phone?
Can I not use both devices so I can transfer GPX files between them?

Tronpo

Quote from: twoten on July 13, 2023, 02:02:14 PM
If I go to settings/integration/oruxmapsicami then email (on my tablet), it gives me the option of both my Gmail accounts and add another. I select add account then pop3 and enter my email address and I get the error 'Duplicate account, you're already using this username for the account 'xxxx@blueyonder.co.uk''.
Is this because I'm already using this account with my phone?
Can I not use both devices so I can transfer GPX files between them?

I use the same account on three devices, and I link them to the server which is just what you want to do.
Do one thing, sun of the user you have in Oruxmaps, put back the same user you want to have on both devices.
If you enter the sicami telegram group we can solve it quickly with screenshots and videos.

🅃🅁🄾🄽🄿🄾

twoten

Quote from: Tronpo on July 13, 2023, 02:45:57 PM
I use the same account on three devices, and I link them to the server which is just what you want to do.
Do one thing, sun of the user you have in Oruxmaps, put back the same user you want to have on both devices.
If you enter the sicami telegram group we can solve it quickly with screenshots and videos.

🅃🅁🄾🄽🄿🄾

Thanks Tronpo,

I'll post on telegram later.

capoccia

sica_2022

Currently there is no such option, but it may be possible in future versions.

Thanks

le.Snake

I think I made a step forward...

During the orux/sicami setup, there is a screen that says that if we refuse connection, the setup will fallback to old servers, which will be disabled.

After this message, there is an account selection dialog with an email button and a password field.
When clicking on the email button, there is an account selection dialog. This dialog does not enable me selecting my account. I have 2 of my accounts that appear, then "add another account", which I select, but it fails because the account already exist.

The only 2 accounts that appear are my gmail accounts. Is it mandatory to use  a gmail account ?

Thanks for support.

twoten

Try instead of selecting "Login" use "Register". Put in your normal login details and this should work for you.