Use Offline google satellite map with over the paths of openandromaps offline map. Sorry for English, I am Italian.

Started by germandoski, April 08, 2017, 06:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

germandoski

Hello everyone!

I would like first of all, find a way to download and use on oruxmaps offline map google (or any other satellite map). The downloaded map, should be geo-referenced, to be used during navigation.

The next question is, how do I put on it the characteristics of a map like those of andromaps (for example a map of the Alps), adding up: paths, water sources, etc.? I consider it as a map overlay?

All this for an offline use.

Sorry again for my bad English.

Thanks in advance to those who will respond to me.

realeasy

Hi there,

first, you need the software "MOBAC" (Mobile Atlas Creator). With it, you can create your own (offline) maps of your prefered regions, even as Bing-/Google-Satellite-style-Maps. It is not that much difficult to get familiar with MOBAC, just a little bit trying.

Concerning your second question i can not really help you. The only thing I know is, that you can create layers (on your pc) for using them with the maps in OruxMaps. Due to the fact, I haven't already done this, I don't know exactly, how, sorry mate.

Good luck