BRouter - OruxMaps cooperation broken

Started by nurembergueso, September 07, 2023, 11:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nurembergueso

I've used BRouter in combination with OruxMaps GP (10.1.8 GP) for biking and hiking for years. Finding routes and routing worked excellent till last update of BRouter app to v1.7.3 several days ago.

Now, not all, but many of the routing signs normally containing an instruction are displayed and announced just as "Waypoint" without any further information and so routing becomes useless.

Is anyone out there who faces the same issue and/or knows a reason or even better a solution for it?

Tronpo

Quote from: nurembergueso on September 07, 2023, 11:11:24 AM
I've used BRouter in combination with OruxMaps GP (10.1.8 GP) for biking and hiking for years. Finding routes and routing worked excellent till last update of BRouter app to v1.7.3 several days ago.

Now, not all, but many of the routing signs normally containing an instruction are displayed and announced just as "Waypoint" without any further information and so routing becomes useless.

Is anyone out there who faces the same issue and/or knows a reason or even better a solution for it?

Hello, after reading your post I found that in my case brouter 1.7.3 does not generate turn indicators in any of the versions of Oruxmaps or maps of Spain app
Install the previous version 1.7.2 and everything works correctly
In case it is useful I leave here the previous version, taken from the GitHub compilation brouter. 👇
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WwWfEC50NhEBoG3oKMoYqowPCaV9fVGZ/view?usp=drivesdk

I have saved it in drive for future occasions.
Best regards!!
🅃🅁🄾🄽🄿🄾

nurembergueso

Thanks for your reply and the hint! As my install is from F-Droid I chose another way and did a downgrade from their repository.
And I opened an issue at BRouter's github repo.
We'll see what they say.

Tronpo

Quote from: nurembergueso on September 09, 2023, 04:06:18 PM
Thanks for your reply and the hint! As my install is from F-Droid I chose another way and did a downgrade from their repository.
And I opened an issue at BRouter's github repo.
We'll see what they say.

Perfect!! I moved the question to Orux to rule out that the problem is Oruxmaps app
You will tell me that brouter responds, greetings!

olwaldi

Just today I got oruxmaps 10.1.9 GP, and now turning instructions are included. I. e. this bug has been fixed.

Thanks, Michael

nurembergueso

Since I didn't get the mentioned OM update yet, I currently cannot confirm the bugfix.

Though https://github.com/abrensch/brouter/issues/627 reassures, too, there is a bug und and a solution will come up soon.

paoloianes

I updated to the beta version 10.1.10 Beta 1 and, in the case of a car track, the route track function inserts the waypoints correctly again.  However, if I use the track route function with the walking parameter, even now the waypoints are no longer inserted when I click ok.

Tronpo

Quote from: paoloianes on October 01, 2023, 12:49:04 AM
I updated to the beta version 10.1.10 Beta 1 and, in the case of a car track, the route track function inserts the waypoints correctly again.  However, if I use the track route function with the walking parameter, even now the waypoints are no longer inserted when I click ok.

Hello, Uninstall brouter and reinstall it, esto solucionará el problema.