Barometer calibration while recording track

Started by Holton181, September 09, 2017, 01:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holton181

Hi,

How does oruxmaps handle barometer calibration "behind the scenes" while recording track?

I believe I have read about it long ago, but can't find where.

IIRC that description implied that the entire segment between the last preformed calibration and the present one got corrected linearly, like in my first attached image.

But when I tried it a few days ago using latest 7.1.4 Donate it appears calibration doesn't affect the track at all. I got a jump in the vertical track as can be seen in my second image at approx. 1.2km (elevation in red, slope in green).

I would prefer a method like described in the first image because that way most of any linear change in airpressure and temperature would be removed.

BR

/Hhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170909/f7e665eeced84a8dd1a38a0392bf4097.jpg">https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170909/ada82e2c3f091a963b9182a2935ff3b7.jpg">

orux

Quote from: "Holton181"Hi,

How does oruxmaps handle barometer calibration "behind the scenes" while recording track?

I believe I have read about it long ago, but can't find where.

IIRC that description implied that the entire segment between the last preformed calibration and the present one got corrected linearly, like in my first attached image.

But when I tried it a few days ago using latest 7.1.4 Donate it appears calibration doesn't affect the track at all. I got a jump in the vertical track as can be seen in my second image at approx. 1.2km (elevation in red, slope in green).

I would prefer a method like described in the first image because that way most of any linear change in airpressure and temperature would be removed.

BR

Hello,

it should work as you say in your first image.

the auto calibration occurs with an interval of 1 hour. Show the graph with time in x axis, instead of distance.

orux

Holton181

Image attached. I tried to attach the track but couldn't.

I have autocalibration turned off. I calibrated manually because I forgot to calibrate before start of recording. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170909/247be34d0af34aa1a85f6b96b9f4e415.jpg">

orux

Quote from: "Holton181"Image attached. I tried to attach the track but couldn't.

I have autocalibration turned off. I calibrated manually because I forgot to calibrate before start of recording.

Hello,

if you clicked the option to correct current segment elevation it should work. Is the track composed with more than one segment?

https://image.ibb.co/jLFwbv/device_2017_09_09_165123.png">

orux

Holton181

Yes, that's it!

No, I didn't notice that selection before, long time since I recorded a track and first time doing a calibration while recording. I do it often while not recording, and then that option isn't present.

I made a quick test and selected it and it indeed seem to work.

Thanks!

Now I would like to take the opportunity to ask if that selection could be made persistent, i.e. if selected it stays that way until I deselect it?

windanimal

When I do calibrate barometer does "correct current segment elevation" correct to the last calibration point or does it correct the entire segment even when the segment contains earlier calibration points?

I would prefer that corrections only correct to the last calibration point as shown in OP's first picture.

Gracias

Holton181

Quote from: windanimal post_id=12700 time=1515225430 user_id=6070
I would prefer that corrections only correct to the last calibration point as shown in OP's first picture.

My interpretation of Orux answer to me is that this is the case, only correcting from the last calibration point.

orux

Quote from: Holton181 post_id=12701 time=1515225902 user_id=1713
Quote from: windanimal post_id=12700 time=1515225430 user_id=6070

My interpretation of Orux answer to me is that this is the case, only correcting from the last calibration point.

Hello,

you are right,

orux