A swap map button

Started by srlb12fr, February 18, 2018, 11:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srlb12fr

I don't speak spanish, only a little bit english, sorry.

Just an idea you may find interesting : A button to swap map between the activated suitable maps for the current position / zoom level.

When zooming in an out Orux automatically change the map if necessary but il there are several activated maps suitable for the zoom level, it ask the question to give the choice to the user to choose between the available possibles maps to switch to. I would find more convinient if Orux choose himself an arbitrary map to switch to and to have a button in the button bar to switch to the next possible map at this point and zoom level. Orux could simply alphabetically sort possibles maps and one round trip other these maps by pressing the swap map button.

Thanks very much for your excellent sotware !

mitxelin

Hi srlb12fr

Try this:

Make a long click on a point of the current map...

A floating menu appears,

Click on " Maps at this position" (Autres cartes ici) and you get a list with avalaible maps for that point.

;-)

srlb12fr

Yes, I've just try that. It works but it make 1 long click + 1 click + find mentaly the right map on the list (All maps for the point are listed regardless the zoom level) and click on it.

Another way is dezoom until a more general map appear, rezoom and choice the right detail map.

On the terrain we have to be fast to collect the informations of 2 or 3 maps (plan, sat, osm) for deciding the way to go. A swap map button may help to quick zap around maps and decide faster.

eartrumpet

The "maps at current position" button already exists, just add it via settings/user interface/buttons/button bar.

You can also use the navigation drawer, if active: just swipe from the left, if you have opened "maps at current position" it stays that way.

But still one more step than you prefer, as there is still the menu.

srlb12fr

Thank you. I added that button I havn't notice. I looks the best way to swap maps