Problem with INTENTs

Started by Wollace, July 19, 2018, 03:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wollace

Hello,

i'm using the INTENTs under Android 8.1 with the app "Automate" and "Broadcast send".

The track is then saved as gpx-file automatically.

So far this setup works quite well.

But i have the following Problem.

I start a new track with INTENT_START_RECORD_NEWTRACK.

I stop the recording with INTENT_STOP_RECORD.

--> New track is in the database and gpx file is saved.

But when i then record another track with INTENT_START_RECORD_NEWTRACK and INTENT_STOP_RECORD there is no new gpx-file. The trackpoints are attached to the old gpx-file from the last recording (but there is a new entry in the trackdatabase with 0 km and 0:00 min)

To prevent this i can

a. Remove the track from the map in Oruxmaps before starting the next recording

b. Stop the Recording manually and not with the INTENT.

I hope i made it clear?  :D

orux

Quote from: Wollace post_id=13855 time=1532008589 user_id=7776
Hello,

i'm using the INTENTs under Android 8.1 with the app "Automate" and "Broadcast send".

The track is then saved as gpx-file automatically.

So far this setup works quite well.

But i have the following Problem.

I start a new track with INTENT_START_RECORD_NEWTRACK.

I stop the recording with INTENT_STOP_RECORD.

--> New track is in the database and gpx file is saved.

But when i then record another track with INTENT_START_RECORD_NEWTRACK and INTENT_STOP_RECORD there is no new gpx-file. The trackpoints are attached to the old gpx-file from the last recording (but there is a new entry in the trackdatabase with 0 km and 0:00 min)

To prevent this i can

a. Remove the track from the map in Oruxmaps before starting the next recording

b. Stop the Recording manually and not with the INTENT.

I hope i made it clear?  :D

Hello!

I think it is working fine.

I do not use 'automate', but with a dummy app I can launch the intents, and a new track is created with INTENT_START_RECORD_NEWTRACK Intent,

orux

Wollace

Hi orux,

thx for your answer. After reading it i made several new attemps and it seemed to work, but then again: no new gpx file.

Now i can reproduce it like this:

If a track is shown in Oruxmaps in the map (track recording is stopped), i go on the homescreen of my phone. Then i open "recent apps" and swipe Oruxmaps to the left (or right) so its erased from memory (?)

Now when i start a new track with INTENT_START_RECORD_NEWTRACK, no new gpx file is created and data is written to the old gpx file (last track openend in Oruxmaps).

I don't know if you feel like taking care of such a "special case", I just wanted to let you know.  ;)

orux

Quote from: Wollace post_id=13897 time=1532448569 user_id=7776
Hi orux,

thx for your answer. After reading it i made several new attemps and it seemed to work, but then again: no new gpx file.

Now i can reproduce it like this:

If a track is shown in Oruxmaps in the map (track recording is stopped), i go on the homescreen of my phone. Then i open "recent apps" and swipe Oruxmaps to the left (or right) so its erased from memory (?)

Now when i start a new track with INTENT_START_RECORD_NEWTRACK, no new gpx file is created and data is written to the old gpx file (last track openend in Oruxmaps).

I don't know if you feel like taking care of such a "special case", I just wanted to let you know.  ;)

Thanks!

Yes, that is a bug; I will solve it in next release,

orux