Huawei and Huawei Mobile services

Started by Hendrik, April 17, 2020, 02:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hendrik

Hello Orux,

I apologise in case the problem was already dealt with in this forum, but I looked and did not find anything on the matter.
   I have been happily using Oruxmaps for some years now, and I find it an exceptional software. It has become so important to me that, as I am considering to buy a new phone, the fact that oruxmaps works on the new phone will condition my choice. And here are my two questions: as am considering of buying either  Huawei P30 pro or Huawei P40 pro, I would greatly appreciate having feedback, if available, on:

1.   Does Oruxmaps work smoothly with a Huawei P30 (in the past, I read of some unexpected track recording  interruction on Huawei hardware)?
2.   Any experience on how Oruxmaps works without Google Mobile Services, which are substituted in the P40 pro by the Huawei Mobile Services (I understand I should also find the  oruxmaps apk file, but this does not concern me – I am worried whether Oruxmaps calls any GMS specific apis and, regardless, whether it runs smoothly)?
Thank you for the time you took to read this.

All the best
Hendrik

orux

Quote from: Hendrik on April 17, 2020, 02:47:39 PM
Hello Orux,

I apologise in case the problem was already dealt with in this forum, but I looked and did not find anything on the matter.
   I have been happily using Oruxmaps for some years now, and I find it an exceptional software. It has become so important to me that, as I am considering to buy a new phone, the fact that oruxmaps works on the new phone will condition my choice. And here are my two questions: as am considering of buying either  Huawei P30 pro or Huawei P40 pro, I would greatly appreciate having feedback, if available, on:

1.   Does Oruxmaps work smoothly with a Huawei P30 (in the past, I read of some unexpected track recording  interruction on Huawei hardware)?
2.   Any experience on how Oruxmaps works without Google Mobile Services, which are substituted in the P40 pro by the Huawei Mobile Services (I understand I should also find the  oruxmaps apk file, but this does not concern me – I am worried whether Oruxmaps calls any GMS specific apis and, regardless, whether it runs smoothly)?
Thank you for the time you took to read this.

All the best
Hendrik

Hello!

The app should work without GMS.
You have to disable 'fused location provider' in global settings-->sensors-->GPS because that provider is from GMS.
But only free version, there is no option to install the GP version, it is a bit different.
I think that Huawei solved old problems about apps running in background. I had a P20 pro, it was working fine in that version.

orux

YvanCB

Hello,
I just bought a used Huawei P40 Pro plus.
I just realise that there are no GMS.
I understand that I can use it with the Oruxmaps beta versions.
There is really no solution to have a paid version with my phone?
Regards.

YvanCB

Hello,
I answer to myself. There are 2 solutions :
So simple.
Good job Oruxmaps!!!

YvanCB

Hello,
As I said before I bought a Huawei P40 Pro + (for the photo capabilities).
The problem is that it seems to have an issue with the power saving function.
Sometimes, during track recording, I have got straight lines showing that there is no more recording of the positions:

I have changed the "Foreground usage/power consumption" in Oruxmaps parameters:

I have changed the "Location permission":

Is there somebody with the same kind of problem?

Regards.

YvanCB

Hello,
I'm so sad!!! I bought a powerful smartphone and it works not as well as my previous ones (LG G6, Samsung A71)...
Nobody to help me?
Any idea?
Regards.

YvanCB

Today, for 3.99€, I bought the OruxMaps HU version on the Huaweï store (Appgallery).
I will try it and see if there is the same problem around energy saving (or something else like freezing software... ).
Regards.

orux

Quote from: YvanCB on April 11, 2022, 10:10:37 PM
Today, for 3.99€, I bought the OruxMaps HU version on the Huaweï store (Appgallery).
I will try it and see if there is the same problem around energy saving (or something else like freezing software... ).
Regards.

Power management in Android has become a very complicated thing. Each manufacturer implements it in a different way. The apps cannot do anything, they are adjustments that the user must make himself.

Two notes:

look at dontkillmyapp.com they usually have good information.
in OruxMaps, disable sensors-->GPS-->fused location provider.

orux

YvanCB

Hello,

1): On "DontKillMyApp. com" they don't talk about EMUI 12. Therefore I will have a look on the web.
2): Fused location is greyed on the option, I think it's OK.

But, I'm not so optimistic...

Regards.

orux

Quote from: YvanCB on April 12, 2022, 10:29:23 PM
Hello,

1): On "DontKillMyApp. com" they don't talk about EMUI 12. Therefore I will have a look on the web.
2): Fused location is greyed on the option, I think it's OK.

But, I'm not so optimistic...

Regards.

It has to work, I am not aware of problems with more users. The Huawei were problematic for some time (I have a P20 pro from those times), but after several Huawei updates it was solved.

Initially try a fresh installation.

orux

YvanCB

Hello,
I clear "Cache" and "Data" and reinstall Oruxmaps: it seems to be working properly now. To be continued...
Thank's a lot!  :)
Regards.

YvanCB

Oh nooooo! The track recording of Oruxmaps (8.5.5 RC3) freeze one more time.
I'm not sure that the problem comes from energy management. The soft was running, I could move the map but no more position recording.
Can you have a look to my gpx file?
Is there a way to activate something in OruxMaps to have debug logs or something like that?
Regards.

YvanCB

Hello,

Here is the extraction of the GPX file:

<trkpt lat="45.2408459" lon="5.5495538">
<ele>1121.12</ele>
<time>2022-05-01T10:22:20.000Z</time>
<extensions><gpxtpx:TrackPointExtension>
<gpxtpx:speed>2.25</gpxtpx:speed>
</gpxtpx:TrackPointExtension></extensions>
</trkpt>
<trkpt lat="45.2442563" lon="5.5745582">
<ele>1230.73</ele>
<time>2022-05-01T10:41:37.000Z</time>
<extensions><gpxtpx:TrackPointExtension>
<gpxtpx:speed>0.05</gpxtpx:speed>
</gpxtpx:TrackPointExtension></extensions>
</trkpt>

It seems that there is no recording during 20 minutes.
How can I find the guilty? My Smartphone, Oruxmaps, a configuration somewhere?...

Please I need help!

Regards.

YvanCB

I'm always with my track recording issue on my Huawei P40 Pro+.
I made a factory reset off the smartphone.
I install few softwares only.
The issue is still there. Oruxmaps seems to work correctly, no freezing screen,but no more recording.

When the issue occurs, I launch "GPS Status" and then, after 5 seconds, Oruxmaps starts again to record the positions data.
Somebody have any idea?

Regards.

Haldo

I had Huawei phones and I remeber that the battery optimization was pretty aggressive..

You have to check the battery manager of the oruxmaps app

https://nine-faq.9folders.com/articles/16876-how-to-turn-off-battery-optimization-on-the-huawei-devices

this might help.