New 6.5.Xbeta version

Started by orux, May 23, 2016, 07:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6745th@web.de

Quote from: "orux"
Quote from: "6745th@web.de"
1. I understand that previous settings (which items are visible) are not saved correctly?

2. You can sort selected wptz to create a route with that sequence.

orux

1. Normally they are saved correctly. But after the update to rc1 they have changed. Than it was ok until i updated to rc2.The reason seems to be that you have new item in the menue, or at a different possition. No big problem, it only occurs after an update.

2. Nice!

Quercus.JB

Quote from: "Quercus.JB"

Buenas,

qué resolución de pantalla tiene?

orux

Hola Orux, esto es lo que pone en el manual: 1,30", 240 x 240 píxeles, 260 ppp pantalla TFT transmisiva. Gracias, saludos. Feliz año

Enviado desde mi D6503 mediante Tapatalk

Ok, lo reviso; en el emulador con esa configuración parece que funciona, intentaré quitar márgenes para esa pantalla pequeña.

orux

Ok orux, ahora se ve bien. Gracias.

Enviado desde mi D6503 mediante Tapatalk

Maki

Hi Jose,

I just finished the Italian translation. When browsing around to search for some strings I noticed that the button editor doesn't fallback to english when the Italian string is missing (no description is shown). BTW I think that the button editor is cumbersome to use, in a next release it would be nice to use a system similar to the new one used for the dashboard, which seems to work very well (except that  a checkbox to only show used controls would be even nicer).

Thanks,

Maki

eartrumpet

- you can change the language from navdrawer, under 'Maps' menu you can find 'tweak map' options.

Oops... thanks, I could swear it wasn't there ; ‐)

hikingforfun

Hello Orux,

I've downloaded and installed version 7-RC2 on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active and made a short test. Everything ran smoothly and even the support for OpenAndroMaps worked.

But I observed a critical bug (for my usage of the app): When managing waypoints, tracks or routes the folder selection list was nearly empty - it only contained the entry "---" and all my items were listed in this one folder. A quick check with version 6.5.10 confirmed that everything is still sorted into approx. 30 folders.

I would appreciate if you can fix this bug before releasing.

Thanks,

HikingForFun

P.S.: I use Oruxmaps for a couple of years now for hiking and bike-riding tours. I cannot imagine to start an activity without having your great app activated!

6745th@web.de

Quote from: "6745th@web.de"
can i download the multilingual Version eg from the Alps?

Quote from: "eartrumpet"
As those are not officially released, you have to look yourself :-)

But the ones you can find aren't really up to date and just for testing.

Found the Maps here:

http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/misc/openstreetmap/openandromaps/mapsV4/">http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/misc/openstreetm ... ps/mapsV4/">http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/misc/openstreetmap/openandromaps/mapsV4/

a bit old, but really nice for testing.

Result is good.

orux

Quote from: "hikingforfun"Hello Orux,

I've downloaded and installed version 7-RC2 on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active and made a short test. Everything ran smoothly and even the support for OpenAndroMaps worked.

But I observed a critical bug (for my usage of the app): When managing waypoints, tracks or routes the folder selection list was nearly empty - it only contained the entry "---" and all my items were listed in this one folder. A quick check with version 6.5.10 confirmed that everything is still sorted into approx. 30 folders.

I would appreciate if you can fix this bug before releasing.

Thanks,

HikingForFun

P.S.: I use Oruxmaps for a couple of years now for hiking and bike-riding tours. I cannot imagine to start an activity without having your great app activated!

Hello,

the beta version is a different app than the GP version.

When the GP version will be updated, youi should see your folders.

orux

steed

Quote from: "steed"
Quote from: "jaimecy"Actualizando a la última beta y creando el mapa de nuevo [Updating to the latest beta and creating the map again]

Enviado desde mi Aquaris M5 mediante Tapatalk

For me, raster offline maps are still shifted. Re-installing Beta 20 does not help.

The same offline maps are fine with 6.5.10, but Beta20 has a ~ 2.0-2.5 Km shift to the South-West (~ 210 degrees).

The shift distance is different in different places. May be it is a projection issue!?

The maps were created from online map tiles with MOBAC. The online map "Israel Hiking map" is also OK.

Map example [750Mb]: http://israelhiking.osm.org.il/Oruxmaps/IsraelHiking.zip">//http://israelhiking.osm.org.il/Oruxmaps/IsraelHiking.zip

or orux-map://israelhiking.osm.org.il/Oruxmaps/IsraelHiking.zip from your Android device.

Thanks!

I found the bug.

An update soon,

orux

Thanks for the fix!

steed

Hi Orux,

Thanks again for adding support for OruxMaps SQLite maps in orux-map:// URLs in earlier production versions!

There are still a few open issues with the map download mechanism. I'm not sure the issues are related to the type of map. It is more likely that the issues are experienced more often when downloading large maps

• If downloading fails, un-zippings starts rather than aborting the operation and deleting the "mapfiles/.temp.mp" temporary file. To reproduce the issue, turn on flight mode during the download.
    • If mapfiles/.temp.mp exists, a new download would not not start.
    • There is no download progress in notification message for files larger than 2Gb [max signed integer]. For example, a 2.2Gb file such as [url]orux-map].

• orux

Quote from: "steed"Hi Orux,

Thanks again for adding support for OruxMaps SQLite maps in orux-map:// URLs in earlier production versions!

There are still a few open issues with the map download mechanism. I'm not sure the issues are related to the type of map. It is more likely that the issues are experienced more often when downloading large maps

• If downloading fails, un-zippings starts rather than aborting the operation and deleting the "mapfiles/.temp.mp" temporary file. To reproduce the issue, turn on flight mode during the download.
    • There is no download progress in notification message for files larger than 2Gb [max signed integer]. For example, a 2.2Gb file such as [url]orux-map].

• Thanks, steed;

Please, you can try with last beta update,

orux

eartrumpet

Quote from: "eartrumpet"
    Some observations:

- The default option "--" ("local language") is not available. This shows the language in the official language of the country, that would be like hebrew in Israel, arabian in Syria etc.

- settings>maps>Mapsforge settings>Map language should now be called "default map language"

- The new language selector is not available if one only uses the navigation drawer and not the action bar; this could be changed by adding "map tweaks" to the drawer or by adding a button for the button bar

- ok

- ok

- you can change the language from navdrawer, under 'Maps' menu you can find 'tweak map' options.

orux

Thanks, everything is fine now with latest release candidates

6745th@web.de

Bug in 7.0rc4

1.Start Orux App

2.Goto TC-1

3.Long press one of the values

4.Message "Orux haltet"

going back to rc3 and it's OK.

Android 5.0

steed

Quote from: "steed"Hi Orux,

• Thanks, steed;

Please, you can try with last beta update,

orux

All the above issues were fixed, Thanks!

I did notice, however,  that if there was a problem, the notification says "All operations done" rather than "Download failed", "Installation failed", or some such.

Tobias

The only thing I noticed so far in 7.0.0rc4 is a problem when bluetooth is not enabled initially:

My Bluetooth HR Monitor doesn't connect right away after the " allow .. to enable Bluetooth connectivity",

but you have to connect again.

Then everything works fine, it also works when bluetooth is already enabled when connecting.

Also I can't see my DEM files in the DEM folder, but DEM is working fine.

I really like the new Things and the Layout.

carioco

OruxMaps7.0.0rc4

Al querer ver el analisis de ibpindex de rutas de hace ya tiempo enlaza a una pagina que pone track no encontrado.

Con tracks que he analizado esta semana no sucede.

He cambiado de movil recientemente, no se si se genera algun archico al analizar que tengamos que guardar al cambiar de movil.

Un saludo.