New beta version 8.5.x [CLOSED]

Started by orux, October 21, 2021, 01:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orux

Quote from: buizerd on January 20, 2022, 11:57:57 AM
Hereby the .gpx.
Made with Brouter-web. The error is there with all my .gpx. (not in oruxmaps v8.5.5.GP)
I think since v8.5.5.beta 11 or 12.
Hello!
I can also load that route normally.

How do you load it?
--from oruxmaps-->load gpx/kml
--from a file manager, and select oruxmaps to open it. What file manager?

orux

ut

Quote from: ut on January 19, 2022, 03:07:26 PM
Hello, 8.5.5beta 14 solved the problem on Android 7, but in another phone with Android 11 the problem remains:
the new imported track loses its name that becomes "Track_.......
Annoying, especially if you load multiple tracks at the same time

:'(sorry for my mistake: new beta15 solved the problem on Android 7 and 11.
Thanks for your great work! :)

ps: I discover many features by reading this forum that are not always well documented.
For example in https://www.oruxmaps.com/cs/en/manual the documentation is very old ...
I think it's a shame as those who download the GP version without following the evolution
of the software may not appreciate the significant improvements ...

YvanCB

Hello Orux,

I would like to know if it's possible for you to make a little change in the way the name is created during the import of a GPX file in the database.
My initial post is « Reply #69 on: January 15, 2022, 10:04:37 AM ».
I made a mistake in my previous demand. Sorry for that.
For the moment:
File name = "2021-12-18 135043.gpx" gave an entry called "2021-12-18 135043". This is not the same way that Oruxmaps itself create the entries in the database.
If you can make the change:
File name = "2021-12-18 135043.gpx" should give an entry called "2021-12-18 13:50:43". The modification consist to add 2 separators in the time numbers.

Sorry to bother you.

Regards.

buizerd

Quote from: orux on January 20, 2022, 03:48:22 PM
Hello!
I can also load that route normally.

How do you load it?
--from oruxmaps-->load gpx/kml
--from a file manager, and select oruxmaps to open it. What file manager?

orux

hello orux, your comment about the file manager gave me the cause of my problem.
All my route.gpx are in Dropbox so I can see them on my phone, PC and tablet.
In the past, by selecting a file here, Oruxmaps opened directly with the route. This now gives the error.
By using the ASTRO file manager I can load all routes again.
Will it be possible again in the future to open a file directly from Dropbox?

I use the Beta version because of the SOS function via SMS.
Thanks for the great program.
Buizerd

eartrumpet

Quote from: orux on October 21, 2021, 01:08:06 PM
--->new storage options (test these options carefully. Mass data movements are complex):
--added a secondary directory for maps. In this way you can have maps in the internal storage and in an external SD simultaneously.
--if you are using private storage (Android scoped storage) you can change the SD/internal storage directories independently for each resources files (DEM files, photos,...).
--added option to export all app files when using Android scoped storage to a folder on the phone's shared storage. This way everything can be recovered if the app is uninstalled/installed again from that directory.
Thanks for that!

I tested it with the following observations:

- As I had a previous installed beta on Android 11 with all scoped storage files set to external SD, after installing beta 15 and changing specific directories there were some issues - files of theme folders were copied to internal SD, not moved; and then the theme on the external SD was used (long time to switch themes), not the internal; seems like the general setting to use external SD from previous beta was still there (and can't be changed anymore), and external themes were prefered; after uninstalling the beta everything worked.
- Export all app files is fine, but they can't be restored; I tried "restore an old installation" and nothing was restored
- It would be gread to be able to select which kind of files should be exported; e.g. I would like to export profiles and tracks, but not themes and maps
- It would make sense now with limited/no access to the private directories to delete e.g. themes in OruxMaps

Best regards,
Tobias

orux

Quote from: eartrumpet on January 23, 2022, 07:15:50 PM
Thanks for that!

I tested it with the following observations:

- As I had a previous installed beta on Android 11 with all scoped storage files set to external SD, after installing beta 15 and changing specific directories there were some issues - files of theme folders were copied to internal SD, not moved; and then the theme on the external SD was used (long time to switch themes), not the internal; seems like the general setting to use external SD from previous beta was still there (and can't be changed anymore), and external themes were prefered; after uninstalling the beta everything worked.
- Export all app files is fine, but they can't be restored; I tried "restore an old installation" and nothing was restored
- It would be gread to be able to select which kind of files should be exported; e.g. I would like to export profiles and tracks, but not themes and maps
- It would make sense now with limited/no access to the private directories to delete e.g. themes in OruxMaps

Best regards,
Tobias
Thanks.
The mapsforge theme was stored as an absolute path. I have to change it. With last beta if you load another theme then it should be from the new directory (internal storage after your changes).
About the restore option. It only works (for now) from the internal oruxmaps/ folder. Are you trying the backup/restore from a different folder?

orux

YvanCB

Hello,

Is it possible to have a new way to select the tracks in the database?
It would be to be able to select a block of tracks by choosing the first one, the last one, and then to chose all the files in this range.
For exemple, in CX-Explorer:

Regards.

eartrumpet

About the restore option. It only works (for now) from the internal oruxmaps/ folder. Are you trying the backup/restore from a different folder?

I used the new backup function and used a costum folder or that (Internal SD/Download/OM); backup worked, restore didn't.

YvanCB

Beta16 is out.

2 greats functions (in my point of view):
- range selection in waypoints/tracks lists.
- massive track modification.

Works nice.

Thanks Orux!

Lenz

Hello Orux,
really great new features in beta 16!

However after a while of testing with beta 15 and 16, I found some problems in the new route statistics (slope, surface, type ...).
The colouring of slopes differs significantly from the one of former versions and is definetly wrong (local knowledge & measuring tool in oruxmaps).
Picture 1: om 8.5.5 beta 16 - original route from brouter (see pink circle: slope 0 % according to colour)
Picture 2: om 8.5.5 beta 16 - with joined segments (correct colouring: slope ca. 8 % according to measuring tool and calculation from altitude difference)
Joining the segments is easily done within Oruxmaps but then the information about the surface, type etc. is lost.

Lenz

Another problem of the segmentation of a route comes up when you do a correction of the altitude with dem files. Every segment gets a max and min altitude symbol, which is quite confusing. Maybe it is possible to create an option for showing  max/min symbols per segment or for the whole route.
By the way: altitude correction does not have an effect on the wrong colouring of slopes - the only solution is joining the segments.

Regards

odin

Thanks for adding massive track modification awesome feature.

Also as Lenz was saying I noticed the slope coloring was off too, for example this area is basically flat, but it was showing red, you can see it starts off blue, then just changes red, maybe my phone had bad gps lock or something since I was just starting out or a glitch, but I noticed it along the whole route where colors seemed off, under GPS settings I have "Smooth the altitude" enabled,all other boxes are unchecked.

btw is there a feature to blacklist an area for example don't record the track until out of the marked area or bounding box, I usually record a track from my house so I can never share the gpx since it shows where I live, or I have to go in and edit the track to remove the start / finish not a big issue but would come in handy.

When recording a track would it be possible to show the color slope on the fly instead of the normal red line?

Thanks for this great program.

orux

Hello!

There is a new beta, it should solve some last found problems,

orux

Lenz

Hello Orux!
The slope coloring and the max/min height symbols work great! Thanks a lot.

There is only one problem with the segmented track in the route statistics: the list of the sections doesn't start at 0,00 and it jumps back to wrong values (maybe when a new segment starts). See attached image. When the segments are joined, everything is OK.

I also like the circle around a no go point. But it doesn't show the real radius, respectively the radius changes when you zoom in or out.

Thank you for this great app!
Lenz

odin

Quote from: orux on February 12, 2022, 03:34:49 PM
Hello!

There is a new beta, it should solve some last found problems,

orux

Thanks for the quick fix the slope coloring looks correct now.