New beta 5.5.23betaXX

Started by orux, June 14, 2014, 12:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orux

Quote from: "orux"
Quote from: "Uli"I have to come back to multitracking of version beta16:

unfortunately the line of my friends track (yellow) is very thin. If I increase the route line witdh,

it is ok, but then the normal route line to follow (blue) is too large.

Is there a solution? Uli

Hi, Uli;

today I will release a new beta, with two different settings, one for the main route stroke width, another for the secondary routes/multitrack paths.

orux

Released beta18 version

orux

goosiebn

Quote from: "goosiebn"Double loading routes.

If I load a route, exit, then load Orux again, it appears the route loads twice.

It looks ok when first loaded, but when re-loading Orux, the route is drawn with the arrows and the dashed pink line.

This problem is still here in beta 18.

orux

Quote from: "goosiebn"

If I load a route, exit, then load Orux again, it appears the route loads twice.

It looks ok when first loaded, but when re-loading Orux, the route is drawn with the arrows and the dashed pink line.

Hi,

I can't reproduce that problem.

Which kind of route?

Could you send me one with that problem?

orux

goosiebn

Hi,

I can't reproduce that problem.

Which kind of route?

Could you send me one with that problem?

orux

I've reproduced this with any track from the database- either imported or recorded.

I have no track or route, load a route from the db with no recording or following, exit Orux with two presses of the on-screen back button.

Then I launch a task monitor an wait a few minutes for Oruxmaps to disappear from the task list.

Then I launch Oruxmaps and it shows the route both with the arrowed line and with the pink dashed line.

Doesn't happen with the latest Play version.

Uli

Concerning Multitracking: I am delighted. It looks great now on my S5. Uli

orux

I've reproduced this with any track from the database- either imported or recorded.

I have no track or route, load a route from the db with no recording or following, exit Orux with two presses of the on-screen back button.

Then I launch a task monitor an wait a few minutes for Oruxmaps to disappear from the task list.

Then I launch Oruxmaps and it shows the route both with the arrowed line and with the pink dashed line.

Doesn't happen with the latest Play version.

Hi,

Finally I can reproduce the problem,

I will solve it soon,

orux

orux

Hi,

updated to beta24

orux

Maki

Hi Josè, developing my MapsForge theme I compared OM with other apps (Cruiser in particular), and I have noticed that the behaviour is consistent except for circles and text offset (dy) that are smaller in OM. On my devices the tile size is 512px in both Cruiser and OM, so it should not depend on the fixed tile size you choose. I raised the thing on the MF list and Emux said he is using the stock library so it's probably some setting you are using.

If at all possible it would be useful to fix this in order to have themes that are as universal as possible.

Another point I raised, without much success, on the MF list is automatic scaling of bitmap icons. You proved that scaling PNGs is possible and works very well, but asking users to manually set this parameter is inconvenient. Since this will not be fixed in the library at least until 0.6 what about doing it in OM? There is no need for a proprietary derive, we can simply add a parameter in form of a comment, e.g. <!-- X-reference-dpi=320 --> that you can read and others will ignore. It's an ugly hack, I know, but it would make a lot of difference.

Thanks,

Maki.

eartrumpet

Quote from: "Maki"
If at all possible it would be useful to fix this in order to have themes that are as universal as possible.

parameter in form of a comment, e.g. <!-- X-reference-dpi=320 --> that you can read and others will ignore

+1

orux

Quote from: "Maki"Hi Josè, developing my MapsForge theme I compared OM with other apps (Cruiser in particular), and I have noticed that the behaviour is consistent except for circles and text offset (dy) that are smaller in OM. On my devices the tile size is 512px in both Cruiser and OM, so it should not depend on the fixed tile size you choose. I raised the thing on the MF list and Emux said he is using the stock library so it's probably some setting you are using.

Another point I raised, without much success, on the MF list is automatic scaling of bitmap icons. You proved that scaling PNGs is possible and works very well, but asking users to manually set this parameter is inconvenient. Since this will not be fixed in the library at least until 0.6 what about doing it in OM? There is no need for a proprietary derive, we can simply add a parameter in form of a comment, e.g. <!-- X-reference-dpi=320 --> that you can read and others will ignore. It's an ugly hack, I know, but it would make a lot of difference.

Thanks,

Maki.

Uploaded beta28 version.

Hi, Maki;

With default installation, All parameters are set to '1', so the maps should be painted with default sizes for a 512 fixed tile size.

The same with icons size.

OruxMaps does not read the theme xml file; it is passed parsed and decoded by the mapsforge library.

What I can try is, when installed for the first time, detect the dpi of the screen, and automatically adjust the parameters of the mapsforge maps.

orux

Holiday

Hi Orux,

is it normaly disabled setting "Altitude from DEM". It can not be checked in beta 24 and beta 28.

Can I translate Apk and Manual to Slovenian language? Please where I find procedure?

Thanks.

eartrumpet

What I can try is, when installed for the first time, detect the dpi of the screen, and automatically adjust the parameters of the mapsforge maps.

If this is similar to the default mapsforge viewer it would help theme developers a lot!

Maki

The new feature to keep map scale consistent between maps seems to work fine (I tried with mbtiles and mapsforge), and is very welcome, with one exception: the dashboard shows a fake zoom level, it should show the one used by the library to avoid confusion for theme and map developers (I think anyone else just ignores this information).

Downloading from OAM didn't work at a first attempt, I chose Oruxmaps, but then nothing happened. But I need to try better later, I have an advanced download manager installed on the phone that may get in the way.

Quote from: "orux"What I can try is, when installed for the first time, detect the dpi of the screen, and automatically adjust the parameters of the mapsforge maps.

No, I think it would be worse: you would need a standard universal reference, but there isn't one.

I'm not a coder, so please excuse me if I don't express myself correctly. I don't exactly know where OM ends and MF starts. To the best of my knowledge this is what happens:

a) I chose a theme

b) OM reads the user scaling parameters from the preferences

c) OM passes the theme and the parameters to MF library

d) tiles are painted and sent to OM

The problem is that someone switching between themes with icons rendered for different densities also need to manually change the scaling factor.

I propose to change that to:

a) I chose a theme

b) OM scans the XML searching for the first occurrence of the special comment and reads the reference dpi

c) OM calculates the scaling parameter for the icons (e.g. the theme reference is 320, the device is 480--> 1.5 factor)

d) OM reads the user scaling parameters from the preferences

e) OM multiplies the auto-calculated with the user supplied one

d) OM passes the theme and the parameters to MF library

e) tiles are painted and sent to OM

This allows to switch between themes from different developers that are using different icon sets automatically, leaving users the ability to have a final word to fine tune things if they feel the need to.

I don't know if what I wrote makes sense, but I hope so. :-)

Maki

orux

Quote from: "Holiday"Hi Orux,

is it normaly disabled setting "Altitude from DEM". It can not be checked in beta 24 and beta 28.

Can I translate Apk and Manual to Slovenian language? Please where I find procedure?

Thanks.

Hi,

You can not have both 'use barometer for altitude' and 'use DEM files for altitude' enabled.

orux

goosiebn

You've changed Send via email as to Share as, but could do with changing the explanatory text for the email address setting in Integration to include the text Share as, so it is clear that once you've set an email address, you use it by sharing the track.