New beta version 8.0.x [CLOSED, NO BETA VERSION AVAILABLE]

Started by orux, August 03, 2020, 11:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrea65

Hola Orux, beta3 fixes the problem with the thumbnails.
Regards, Andrea

Imperius

Hi, I just installed the new version 8.0.5 beta3 because the 7.5.9 43 required it to me. now the 3D view function no longer works, as I try to see the 3D map sometimes it succeeds but then the program crashes or the application closes and restarts. this happens on a Huawei ascend P8 GRA-L09 with android 6.0, and I am forced to use the beta version to solve the GPS rollover problem. on other devices i have the GP version and i don't have these problems.  :-[ :-[
Regards

afgb1977

Quote from: Imperius on August 09, 2020, 08:00:33 PM
Hi, I just installed the new version 8.0.5 beta3 because the 7.5.9 43 required it to me. now the 3D view function no longer works, as I try to see the 3D map sometimes it succeeds but then the program crashes or the application closes and restarts. this happens on a Huawei ascend P8 GRA-L09 with android 6.0, and I am forced to use the beta version to solve the GPS rollover problem. on other devices i have the GP version and i don't have these problems.  :-[ :-[
Regards

Hola Orux.
También me sucede lo mismo con 8.0.5_beta3 en un Nokia6 TA1025 con Android 9.
Al tratar de crear un mapa 3D, OruxMaps Beta se cierra y no se puede iniciar en un buen rato.

orux

Regards

New beta update

The rollover week problem can be fixed with the last GP version, you don't have to use the beta to avoid that problem.

orux

orux

Quote from: afgb1977 on August 10, 2020, 03:44:54 PM
Regards

Hola Orux.
Al tratar de crear un mapa 3D, OruxMaps Beta se cierra y no se puede iniciar en un buen rato.
A ver si se soluciona en la última beta.
Es raro, todavía no sé por qué se produce ese problema...

orux

Andrea65

Labels overlap using OpenMtbMaps

Hello Orux,

I don't know if this is a bug or a "voluntary" limitation of your application, but I noticed that using off-line OpenMtbMaps (Garmin format), all the labels within the area are displayed regardless of the scale factor.
This, of course, generates "caos" and it makes almost impossible to read the expected to be seen labels for that zoom level.

If you need, I can make a couple of screenshot to better show you the problem. This limitation/behavior is also present in your previous version 7.x.
Regards, Andrea 

orux

Quote from: Andrea65 on August 11, 2020, 03:36:01 PM
Labels overlap using OpenMtbMaps

Hello Orux,

I don't know if this is a bug or a "voluntary" limitation of your application, but I noticed that using off-line OpenMtbMaps (Garmin format), all the labels within the area are displayed regardless of the scale factor.
This, of course, generates "caos" and it makes almost impossible to read the expected to be seen labels for that zoom level.

If you need, I can make a couple of screenshot to better show you the problem. This limitation/behavior is also present in your previous version 7.x.
Regards, Andrea
Hello!
There are no limitations.
The garmin format is a bit complex. The app uses some old (really old) libraries that support this format.

You can tune it in map settings - garmin maps and hide some labels that are not normally useful.

The library is supposed to know which labels to display at each level.

orux

Juanjo

Quote from: orux on August 03, 2020, 11:12:49 AM
-changes to avoid labels cut at the margins of the tiles. does it work? Is rendering slower?

Hola orux,

it seems to me that it is working, I do not see truncated labels at the edges of the tiles anymore. Also, I do not feel that the rendering is slower, but ... it looks like now tiles are overlapping, see attached screenshot.

Saludos

orux

Quote from: Juanjo on August 12, 2020, 01:26:31 AM
Quote from: orux on August 03, 2020, 11:12:49 AM
-changes to avoid labels cut at the margins of the tiles. does it work? Is rendering slower?

Hola orux,

it seems to me that it is working, I do not see truncated labels at the edges of the tiles anymore. Also, I do not feel that the rendering is slower, but ... it looks like now tiles are overlapping, see attached screenshot.

Saludos

Hola!

I think it is related to the theme, or the cached tiles.
I saw some such artifact at first, but now I see them well.

Try first deleting raster cache in maps settings.

Then load/reload the map theme.

orux

Imperius

Quote from: orux on August 11, 2020, 10:12:00 AM
Quote from: afgb1977 on August 10, 2020, 03:44:54 PM
Regards

Hola Orux.
A ver si se soluciona en la última beta.
Es raro, todavía no sé por qué se produce ese problema...

orux
hi, I installed the latest beta 8.0.5_beta4, but the problem of the visualization 3d remains, the defect has changed. When I load the map, the first time I enter 3d mode the map is rendered (not well, many polygons are missing) and does not crash, but if you exit 3d mode and re-enter, the map is not displayed and a gray screen. If I go out again and come back in 2d, I change the map and visualize it in 3d, again the render works, only for once. all maps displayed once in 3d then can no longer be displayed, not even by restarting the device or clearing the cache.  the problem occurs on all the devices I own. I am attaching screenshots of the incorrect display. :( :(

Lenz

Hello Orux,

Beta 4:

+ choosing maps for thumbnails is great
- rendering (both 2D and 3D) is very slow compared to the last versions
- I also can confirm the "grid" mentioned by Juanjo. Deleting the raster cache and reloading or changing the theme doesn't improve anything (elevate, elements, tiramisu).
- the 3D map is incomplete
- after starting the 3D map for a second time oruxmaps crashes

Xiaomi Redmi 4x, MIUI global 11.0.2

Mapper-Alps12

Hello Orux,

from me also a reply for beta4:

+ first of all, big compliment for the short time in which you react and implement wishes of us users!!!!!
+ choosing maps for thubnails works fine. Thank you so much for this great feature!
+ rendering speed is like before (beta3 and 8.0.5 GP), the map is shown as wished (no truncated labels)
- I also can confirm the "grid" mentionend in posts before, but just with openandromaps and openandromaps map themes. When I use the mapsforge map from http://www.freizeitkarte-osm.de/ and the theme from there, everything is fine. Maybe some more users can test this with other mapsforge maps & themes...
- 3D map works just for the first time use after starting the app. When you try a second time, the screen like posted above appears.

sylphide

Hello, I have no problem with the 3D map, but it is true that it is not always complete.

Is it possible to add geotagged photos (from a folder, camera, etc.) to see them all on the maps?

Best regards.

Fritzle

Hello Orux,

as already noticed with earlier betas, pedestrian areas rendered with Mapsforge default theme still look strange in latest beta: with version 7.4.22 shown as hatched pattern  - currently shown as fat black lines. Bug or feature?

Regards

Update:
Seems I found the reason. Mapsforge default theme "default.xml" references patterns contained in jar file "mapsforge-themes-<version>.jar" by xml elements like "<line src="jar:patterns/access-private.png" stroke-width="1.0" />. If subfolder "assets/patterns" is not found within jar file or png file is not contained in subfolder, pattern gets rendered solid black.

Rubenzp

Hola Orux,

En la versión 8.0.5beta4 no puedo ordenar los elementos del cuadro de mandos. Lo he probado en dos dispositivos y no puedo arrastrar en ninguno de los dos.
Es lo único que he encontrado que no funcione correctamente respecto de la versión 7.3.2 que utilizo de manera estable.

Saludos!